La Vieille Grange
Mirambeau, Nr Gironde Estuary, Charente Maritime
Main picture for La Vieille Grange
Description of La Vieille Grange'La Vieille Grange' is different in many ways, in offering the best of both worlds all year round in its facilities, its location and in the atmosphere the owners strive to create.
A quality conversion of an old wine producing barn the gite offers privacy, relaxation, views, a large 4 x 6 metre all weather and all year garden room / terrace, an acre of garden, an 11 x 5 metre swimming pool and all mod cons internally, but at a value-for-money price.
Located in beautiful Charente Maritime countryside, surrounded by vineyards and rolling countryside but within 10 minutes of the Gironde estuary and quiet marinas, it is within 30 minutes of a nice beach with lots of lovely local places to visit and with easy access to the life of Bordeaux, La Rochelle or even onwards to Biarritz and Spain. The gite is also available for Twin Centre 'town and country' holidays with the owners' studios in La Rochelle.
Especially for couples :
The gite is specifically designed around the needs of couples (or 2 friends !) and the owners Martin and Christopher take pride in welcoming and respecting the diversity of their guests, regardless of background.
Layout : Ground Floor :
* Kitchen/dining room modern & fully equipped incl full sized oven, ceramic hob, breakfast bar, dishwasher, washing machine, fridge/freezer, microwave, dining table/chairs and direct dial telephone.
* Living room with Godin log burner, TV/video with English (BBC, ITV, Film4 etc) and French TV channels, DVD player, sofa and easy chair.
* Bathroom (bath with wall mounted shower attachment).
* Separate WC
Entrance hall, with spiral staircase up to
First Floor :
In the converted grenier/loft, 2 large bedrooms (each approx 6mx3m / 18ftx9ft into the eaves) :
* Main double bedroom for 2 people, with French windows with views across countryside towards the estuary (and the sunsets !)
* Mezzanine double bedroom for additional 2 people (see below), leading to main bedroom
* Your own 'all weather' large 4 x 6 metre garden room / terrace (divided from owners') equipped with choice of furniture : sofa, easy chair, teak steamer style chairs & teak deckchairs plus dining table and chairs and stylish gas radiator when needed.
* Free panoramic views across the pool, garden and across the valley beyond to the church on the hill !
* a wide range of garden & pool furniture incl teak & PVC sun loungers, garden chairs, deck chairs, parasols & tables
* 2 bikes.
* Use of 11m x 5m swimming pool with depth from approx 1m at shallow end to approx 4m at deep end. The pool is open from May to September, and as far into October as the weather permits, as it's unheated. Includes under pool illumination at night for those nocturnal cocktails and star gazing on your terrace
* Use of garden - approx. 1 acre - incl. boules pit
The pool and garden is only shared with the owners and from time to time their guests - yours is the only gite!
The gite has been designed principally to provide year-round, spacious and well equipped accommodation for 2 people. However, the additional mezzanine double bedroom is also available if you want to invite friends to join you.
A complimentary Welcome Pack will be waiting for you - with provisions and refreshments - including a chilled bottle of champagne for you to celebrate the start of your holiday !
Whilst the gite is attached to the owners' house, it is completely self contained and the terrace is divided to provide privacy
The owners are ashamed to say that some of the internal doors, even on the ground floor, are too narrow for wheelchairs to get through. Otherwise, the ground floor facilities are quite accessible for people with mobility difficulties.
Features of La Vieille Grange
Accessibility DetailsThe property is not suitable for wheelchair users.
Contact Information and Booking Enquiries
Property contact details
Location details for La Vieille Grange
(All distances and times are approximations)